Nothing is permanent, not even your pain and bad days, and the perfect example for the quoted sentence could be none other than Bernard Hopkins. He was sentenced to spend 17-years behind the bars for strong-armed robbery and assault, five years after which he kickstarted a revolutionary life making him one of the most influential boxers. Let’s take a look at his daily routine and some interesting facts about him.
Who is Bernard Hopkins?
- Bernard Hopkins, also known by his nick names- ‘The executioner, The alien, B-hop’ is a former professional boxer.
- He has multiple world championships which includes undisputed middleweight and lineal light heavyweight.
- He was born on January 15th, 1965 in U.S.
- He has played around 67 matches, in which he has 55 of them.
Mornings of Hopkins
- He starts his day at 5.30 am
He is an early riser and he had to wake up early in order to practice for his sessions and therefore, he starts his day around 5.30 in the morning.
He workouts out after waking up from his bed, he goes for running, in empty stomach and does some yoga, he mostly has three workout sessions in a day.
Afternoons of Hopkins
He mostly spends his noon in the gym, he does a lot of push ups and stretching.
- Apart from physical exercise, he also trains his mind to be sharp. He plays a lot of mind games like puzzles, and chess.
Evenings of Hopkins
When it comes to his eating habits, he cooks his own meals with organic and natural ingredients which would include a lot of vegetables.
- He loves pasta.
- He was born in a dysfunctional family and so he never received a proper education.
- He spent his childhood, roaming on the streets with his peers.
- At 17, he was sentenced to jail for 18 years.
- He acquired most of his skills by participating in all kinds of street fights.
- He never stole from woman, children and elderly.
- He is the oldest boxer in history to win a world championship at the age of 46.
Learning from Hopkins
- It’s okay to make mistakes.
- Realisation is important.
- Fight for your dreams.
- Never lose hope.
- Good things take time.
Bernard Hopkin’s Quotes to Inspire you Towards Success
- You’re hated by some, loved by others, but that’s what’s great about being different. If everybody loved you, that means you’re not doing the right thing most of the time.
- I got knocked down. Anybody could be knocked down, anybody can be knocked out, but it’s not what happened, but what happens next.
- I’m not going to give up. If you pay attention to my plan and the way I live and the way I eat, then you have a chance to extend your life a few more years.
- The only way you can get experience is from the clock. Time works with some people and against some people. Fortunately, the clock has worked in my favor.