Boxing is not any easy profession, sustaining yourself in the field is only possible by hard work, boxers don’t become great players by any luck. Canelo Alvarez is a hardworking boxer and is one of the most prominent players in the boxing profession. She gives his time, dedication and his skills to his profession and that is why he is on the top. To know more about him, let’s take a look at his daily routine and some interesting facts about him.
Who is Canelo Alvarez?
- Canelo Alvarez is a professional Mexican boxer.
- He has won multiple world championships.
- He is the first boxer in history to become undisputed champion at super middleweight.
- He is also known as excellent Counterpuncher.
- As of 2021, he is ranked as world’s best active boxer.
- He is also ranked as the world’s best active super middleweight by BoxRec.
- Canelo is the youngest of his brothers, and all of them are professional boxers too.
- He started boxing when he was 13 years old.
- He won the silver medal at the Mexican National Championships in 2004.
Mornings of Canel
He is an early riser and starts his day early in the morning. The first routine of his day is running, he would run daily, except on Sunday.
His breakfast will include egg whites, a piece of ham and a glass of fresh fruit juice.
Afternoons of Canelo
He would hit the gym in the noon around 2.30 pm and continues to practice till 5 pm in the evening. His workout will include jumping rope, sparring sessions, hitting the bags, working on strategy etc.
He eats grilled or smoked chicken, vegetables like carrots and broccoli for his lunch.
Evenings of Canelo
For dinner, he only drinks a glass of protein shake and no other forms of carbs.
- Born: July 19th, 1990. Mexico.
- Age: 31 years.
- Parents: Ana Maria Barragan, Santos Alvarez.
- Spouse: Fernanda Gomez.
- Children: Emily cinnamon Alvarez, Mia Ener Alvarez, Saul Adiel Alvarez, Maria Fernanda Alvarez.
- Division: Middleweight, Light heavyweight, super middleweight, welterweight.
- Height: 1.75 m.
- Weight: 76 kg.
- Total fights: 60.
- Wins: 57.
- Wins by KO: 39.
- Loses: 1.
- Draws: 2.
Things to know about Canelo
- Canelo enjoys playing golf.
- He was engaged to Marisol Gonzalez, Miss Mexico Universe 2003.
- He is also a boxing promoter in Mexico.
- His amateur record was 44-2 with 12 Knockouts.
- Canelo in Spanish is the masculine word for cinnamon, a common nickname for people with red hair.
- He is also known for his body puncher.
- He does horseback riding.
- He says that he was bullied at an early age when he would be called ‘jicama con chile’, a popular snack in Mexico.
Learning from Canelo
- Everyone is different.
- Believe in your own strength.
- Follow your own style.
- Be unique in your own way.
- Be positive.
- Focus on your health.
- Don’t quit.