George Foreman was the scariest boxer alive during the 1974 play. He was raw in his punch and was like a lion in his game, he demolished players Joe Frazier and Ken Norton with his huge strength. After being defeated by Ali, the impact of being lost as a professional boxer lasted for over many years, he tried to give a comeback but then retired shortly. However, his boxing journey was excellent, and is one of the prominent players to date. To know more about him, let’s take a look at his daily routine and some interesting facts about him.
Who is George Foreman?
- George Edward Foreman is an American former professional boxer.
- He is also an entrepreneur, author, and minister.
- He was nicknamed Big George.
- He is a two-time world heavyweight champion and an Olympic gold medallist.
- He retired after a loss to Jimmy Young in 1977.
- He became an ordained Christian minister.
- He was 46 years and 169 days old, becoming the oldest world heavy weight champion in history.
- He was named one of the 25 greatest fighters of the past 80 years by The Ring in 2002.
- Apart from boxing, he is a successful entrepreneur.
Mornings of George
He used to wake up early in the morning and train, he enjoyed running and playing golf, he used to run on the golf course for about three miles.
After running, he would his time in other workout activities like a heavy bag, skip rope, weightlifting, and sparring.
Afternoons of George
Lunch used to be usually very light, he usually eats fruits for lunch, it would include apples, oranges, and grapes.
Evenings of George
In the evening, he used to train for his boxing with a lot of people, he would spar a long line of boxers who wanted to win the legend, all youngsters and men would come and volunteer.
- Born: January 10th, 1949, U.S.
- Nickname: Big George.
- Nationality: American.
- Age: 73 years.
- Height: 1.91 m.
- Weight: 118 kg.
- Stance: Orthodox.
- Total Fights: 81.
- Wins: 76.
- Wins by KO: 68.
- Losses: 5.
- The six-million-dollar man- 1975.
- Home improvement- 1992.
- George- 1993.
- King of the hill- 2003.
- Fast and loud- 2013.
George Foreman’s Quotes to Inspire you Towards Success
- Don’t be afraid to employ people who will force you out of your comfort zone.
- Many people fail not so much because of their mistakes; they fail because they are afraid to try.
- Without appreciation and respect for other people, true leadership becomes ineffective, if not impossible.
- To be successful in life, you must get in the habit of turning negatives into positives.
- They’ll take everything, even your tears.
- As an entrepreneur, don’t follow the crowd, let them follow you.
- You never help others by allowing them to get away with giving than their best efforts.