Failure is the stepping stone of success; this quote would suit the life of Gwen Jorgensen very well. The 2012 summer Olympics was one of the most disappointing moments of her life, despite winning a medal, she was placed in 38th place. She never gave up on her hopes and dreams and worked hard to excel in her career. She made it to the gold in the 2016 Rio Olympics and proved her spirit. To know more about her, let’s take a look at her daily routine and some interesting facts about her.
Who is Gwen Jorgensen?
- Gwen Jorgensen is an American distance runner.
- She is also a former professional triathlete.
- She was a member of the 2012 Olympic team.
- She represented the U.S in triathlon at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- She won the USA’s first-ever triathlon gold medal with a time of 1 hour, 56 minutes, and 16 seconds.
- She is the 2014 and 2015 ITU World Triathlon Series champion.
- In 2015, she joined ECS triathlon, an elite club, based in France.
- She won gold at the 2016 summer Olympics.
Mornings of Gwen
She wakes early in the morning and she kick starts her day with running, she runs for 30-50 minutes as soon as she wakes up.
After her running session, she goes for swimming, she would swim anytime in between 10.30 to 12, she has a group swim from 3 to 5k.
Her breakfast would contain a couple of oats with coconut oil, peanut butter, nuts, fruit and poached egg on the top.
Afternoons of Gwen
- Second session
She has divided her day into two sessions for workout, one in the morning and one in the noon. In the noon, she would go for running and ride her bike for almost 3 hours and then hit the gym, involving a lot of workouts.
Lunch is normally a huge protein of rice, red meat, vegetables, and some sort of sauce or cheese.
Evenings of Gwen
Dinner is always lighter: potatoes, vegetables, cheese, a big salad, meat, chicken or fish.
She makes sure that she gets proper eight hours of sleep everyday.
- Born: April 25th, 1986, U.S.
- Age: 35 years.
- Nationality: American.
- Education: University of Wisconsin-Madison, Waukesha south high school.
- Parents: Nancy Jorgensen, Joel Jorgensen.
- Spouse: Patrick Lemieux.
- Coached by: Bobby McGee.
- Height: 59 kg.
- Weight: 1.78 m.
- Sport: Triathlon, Marathon.
- Turned pro: 2010.
- Olympics games- gold.
- ITU triathlon world championships 2014- gold.
- ITU triathlon world championships 2016- silver.
- ITU Competitions
- World University triathlon championships.
- Pan American cup.
- Premium American cup.
- World cup.
- World championship series.
- Sprint world championships.
- Pan American games.
- World triathlon series.
- Olympic games.
- WTS grand finale.
- USA national championships.
- Mixed relay world championships.
Gwen Jorgensen’s Quotes to Inspire you Towards Success
- Everyone said, Yeah, you can do it, you can qualify.
- You can’t give up until the finish line, that’s something I’ve learned.
- There is a heavy price to pay for writing a bad book.
- About the time we can make the ends meet, somebody moves the end.
- And this is the beginning of the end.
- Chaos doesn’t run the whole show.
- It’s easy to love kids who make you feel competent.
More Routines –
- [Full Schedule] Michelle Obama Daily routine, Diet and Workout in 2023
- [Revealed] Tyson Fury Daily Routine, Diet and Workouts 2023
- [Updated] George Foreman (Boxer) Daily Routine 2023
- [Full Schedule] Vasyl Lomachenko (Boxer) Daily Routine in 2023
- [Updated] Malcolm Gladwell (Journalist) Daily Routine in 2023