Choose it like a child chooses the shoe to put on the right foot, the crayon to paint a sky. Choose it at first consciously, effortfully, pressing against the weight of a world heavy with reasons, restless with the need for action. Choose the path of success in your life, being successful is not a simple thing to do, it takes effort and dedication, you need to develop certain qualities in yourself, also you can take inspirations from other successful people, all successful persons develop certain common qualities, for instance, they have goals and take action, the above-mentioned qualities is what Haruki choose in life and that is why he is a successful person. Let’s take a look at the daily routine and some facts about him.
Who is Haruki Murakami?
- Haruki Murakami is a Novelist, Short story writer, Essayist, and Translator.
- He was born on January 12th, 1949 in Fushimi-Ku, Kyoto, Japan.
- He is graduated from Waseda University.
- Some of his notable works include Norwegian wood (1987), The wind-up Bird Chronicle (1994-95), Kafka on the shore (2002), 1Q84 (2010).
Mornings of Haruki
- He starts his day at 4 am
Being a prominent writer, when he has to work on his novel, he wakes up at 4 am in the morning, he belives that morning is the fresh hour for him to complete his writing works,
- He works for 6 hours
Being a complete morning person, he works on his novel for straight six hours after waking up from bed.
- He writes 800-1200 words in a day.
Afternoons of Haruki
- Running and swimming
He’s a unique personality, usually, people work out in the morning, but he does it in the afternoons.
- He runs up to 10Km and swims up to 1500m every day.
Evenings of Haruki
- He reads and listens to music
After wrapping up his workout session, he reads his favorite books and listens to’s to music for some time.
- He goes to bed at 9
Early to bed and early to rise is his special mantra, he goes to bed by 9 pm.
In an interview, he said- ‘I mesmerize myself to reach a deeper state of mind. But to hold to such repetition for so long-six months to a year- requires a good amount of mental health and physical strength. In that sense, writing a long novel is like survival training. Physical strength is as necessary as artistic sensitivity.
Personal Interest and Facts
His hobbies include running and Jazz music.
Name: Haruki Murakami
Education: Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan, B.A.
Spouse: Yoko Murakami
Works wrote: Norwegian Wood, A wild sheep Chase, Hard-Boiled wonderland.
Learning from Haruki Murakami
Here is what you can learn from Murakami.
- In his words- Everyone’s life is a story of some sought, we all undergo emotional loss and it is important to accept them.
- His book Norwegian Wood explores the concept of loss and the need to overcome one’s struggles with grief.
- Importance of mental health.
- It is very much necessary to stay focused on our daily routine and not let the emotional traumas haunt us.
- To be emotionally strong.
Haruki Murakami’s Quotes to Inspire You Towards Success.
- And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.
- If you remember me, then I don’t care if everyone else forgets.
- Why do people have to be this lonely? What’s the point of it all? Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves. Why? Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?
- Anyone who falls in love is searching for the missing pieces of themselves. So anyone who’s in love gets sad when they think of their lover. It’s like stepping back inside a room you have fond memories of, one you haven’t seen in a long time.