A successful woman is confident enough to know what she wants. She is a fighter and a risk-taker, she knows what she has to offer, is aware of her shortcomings, and learns how to work around them. Being a successful woman in business, entertainment or any other field means having the courage to own who you are. Why are you doing what you do and how can you apply your vision to positively impact. A successful woman is confidently feminine and eager to learn and grow. She achieves balance and perspective in all aspects of her life. One such courageous and confident woman is J.K. Rowling, let’s take a look at her lifestyle, daily routine, and some interesting facts about her.
Who is J.K. Rowling?
- J.K Rowling is an author, Philanthropist, film producer, television producer, and screenwriter.
- She is very much known for her world-famous book Harry potter, a fantasy story. The book was a global success and it sold more than five hundred (500) million copies, making her the best-selling book series in history.
- She also writes fiction under the pen name Robert Galbraith. Her genre of writing includes fantasy, drama, young adult fiction, tragic comedy, and crime fiction. She has written two books under the children category namely The Ickabog and The Christmas Pig.
- Her world-renowned book Harry potter has seven series namely Harry Potter and the philosopher’s stone (26 June 1997), Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets (2 July 1998), Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban (8 July 1999), Harry Potter and the goblet of fire (8 July 2000), Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix (21 June 2003), Harry Potter and the half-blood prince (16 July 2005), Harry Potter and the deathly hallows and many other books.
J.K Rowling is a multi-tasker and manages her time so well, she is not just the author of the world-famous series Harry Potter, but also a mother, a producer, a screenwriter, and a Philanthropist. Isn’t it curious how she bosses everything at a time, we all have twenty hours in common, it depends on the individual as to how to make the best utilization of your time, let’s take a look at the daily routine of Rowling and take some inspiration to follow?
- The earlier she starts her day, the more productive she is.
She usually starts her day before 9 am, and she says that the earlier she starts her day, the more productive she is.
- She works in her favorite place
There is a specific place where she writes, it’s a central room with a kettle, a sink, and a cupboard-sized bathroom. It is located in the garden, a minutes’ walk from her house, this tells that she surrounds herself with exactly what she needs to be able to write.
- She drinks eight-nine mugs of tea
She loves tea and sips around eight-nine cups of tea during her work break.
- She works till 3 pm
On typical days of working, she starts around 9 am in the morning and works till 3 pm taking breaks in between.
Rowling reveals that she listens to classical music during her writing and she finds human voices to be the most distracting when working.
Rowling says that she prefers mess-free snacking, as she is clumsy. Therefore, she has decided to eat food that won’t ruin her keyboard when dropped. Something like pop-corn she suggests
Personal Hobbies and Interesting Facts
- Obviously writing is her favorite and passionate hobby, besides she is also passionate about cooking, drawing, baking, and music, she listens to classical music during her work, she says that it gives her peace and the human voice distracts her the most while working.
- Rowling’s net worth today is estimated to be around $1.35-billion AUD, making her the richest person to earn their fortune from writing books.
- While this is a large sum of money, it’s actually a step down from her US-dollar billionaire status-before 2012, she was possibly worth as much as $USD 1.2 million, but Forbes reported that her massive charitable donations of an estimated $USD 160-million, combined with high taxes in Britain, led to a reduction in her net worth.
- Her Harry Potter manuscript was rejected by twelve (12) publishing houses, after which Bloomsbury picked it up. But, the publisher did suggest she not use her real name for her books, because they didn’t believe that boys would want to read a fantasy book about a boy wizard that was written by a woman.
Learning from J.K. Rowling
- Her life is not just a story but an inspiration, she lived life from rag to riches. And she has faced a lot of trials in her life, yet, she successfully overcame all of those.
- In fact, she was depressed and even wanted to kill herself, she composed herself and came out of that big difficult trouble and became one of the millionaires of the globe. There is not so much to learn from these courageous and determined women.
- First thing is to take control of yourself, nothing can harm or cause trouble to you without your permission, you need to take control of yourself in all situations. How and where you were born doesn’t decide the future of your life, so it is necessary to believe in your dreams and work towards them with constant efforts, of course, there will be chaos, difficulties, and failures, but you need to run without quitting and you should taste failure in order to enjoy the fruit of success.
J.K. Rowling Quotes to Inspire You Towards Success
- If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
- Of course, it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?
- Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory.
- Books are like mirrors: if a fool looks in, you cannot expect a genius to look out.
- “Death’s got an Invisibility Cloak?” Harry interrupted again.
- So he can sneak up on people,” said Ron. “Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking.