Passion has retirement and John McPhee is the best example for the quoted sentence, 90 years and still writing, teaching. This shows his love and passion for writing. He manages to teach as well as to write, he believes that taking time out of his writing to teach actually gives him the energy to publish more works, a symbiotic relationship. Let’s take a look at his daily routine and some facts about him.
Who is John McPhee?
- John McPhee is an American writer.
- He is known as the pioneer of creative non-fiction.
- He is a four-time finalist for the Pulitzer Prize.
- He has received George Polk career award.
- He has also received many literary honours.
Mornings of John
As soon as waking up from his bed in the morning, he goes for cycling, even at the age of 90. He says that cycling is a beautiful distraction and is a good exercise. He just loves doing that.
Afternoons of John
It’s usually the fear that spurs him into action, despite starting his day in the morning by 9, he does not do anything till late in the noon.
Evenings of John
He day starts in the evening, he kick- starts his writing around 5 in the evening and it would go on till 10 pm in the night. He says that he is moved by panic and that is what pushes him to do things.
Personal Interest and Facts
- Full name: John Angus McPhee.
- Born: March 8th, 1931, U.S.
- Age: 90 years.
- Education: Princeton University, Magdalene College, Cambridge.
- Parents: Mary Ziegler, Harry McPhee.
- Spouse: Yolanda Whitman.
- Children: Martha McPhee, Laura McPhee, Jenny McPhee, Sarah McPhee.
Learning from John
- There’s no shame in not knowing.
- Stay connected.
- It’s easier than ever to engage in lifelong learning.
- Achieve your goals.
- Connecting with others.
Awards and Honours.
- Pulitzer Prize (1999) for Annals of the Former World.
- Award in Literature from the America academy of arts and letter. (1977)
- Elected member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences (1993)
- finalist, National book award (science) for The Curve of Binding Energy.
- nominated, National book award (science).
- Wallace Stegner Award (2011) for “sustained contribution to the cultural identity of the West through literature, art, history, lore, or an understanding of the West.
- National book critics award Ivan Sandrof Lifetime Achievement Award (2017)
John McPhee’s Quotes to Inspire you Towards Success
- If you free yourself from the conventional reaction to a quantity like a million years, you free yourself a bit from the boundaries of human time. And then in a way you do not live at all, but in another way you live forever.
- If by some fiat I had to restrict all this writing to one sentence, this is the one I would choose: The summit of Mt. Everest is marine limestone.
- If by some fiat, I had to restrict all this writing to one sentence; this is the one I would choose: the summit of Mount Everest is marine limestone.
- In six thousand years, you could never grow wings on a reptile. With sixty million, however, you could have feathers, too.
More Routines –
- [Revealed] Georges St-Pierre Daily Workout Routine for Gym in 2023
- [Updated] Anna Wintour Daily routine, Lifestyle, and Facts in 2023
- [Updated] Jason Fried Daily Routine, Lifestyle and Facts in 2023
- [Full Schedule] Maggie Haberman Daily Routine and Lifestyle in 2023
- [Full Schedule] Anne Wojcicki Daily Routine and Lifestyle in 2023