Khaled Hosseini is known for his vivid depictions of Afghanistan, most notably in The kite runner (2003), he grew up in Kabul, his father was a diplomat and his mother was a secondary school- teacher. He is an ambitious writer, he used to read a lot of Persian poetry in his childhood and this is what influenced him to write and take up writing as a career. He is one of the most recognized authors. To know more about him, let’s take a look at his daily routine and some interesting facts about him.
Who is Khaled Hosseini?
- Khaled Hosseini is a Novelist and a Physician.
- He is the goodwill ambassador of UNHCR.
- As a child, he read a lot of Persian poetry.
- He is fluent in Persian and Pashto and has described himself as a secular Muslim.
- He published his first novel in 2003.
- In 2018, he published an illustrated short story.
- His second novel was published in 2005.
- He is married to Roya and they have two children.
Mornings of Khaled
He wakes up early in the morning and kick starts his day by working out. He reads his newspaper and tunes into his Afghan news daily.
He eats his breakfast and gets home on time to pick his children from school.
Afternoons of Khaled
He spends his day in writing, he writes 5-6 hours each day. He likes to drink a lot of coffee and snack on fruit and black licorice in between his writing.
Evenings of Khaled
- Picking kids from school
He writes when his kids are not at home, he would finish it all before his kids arrive from school, he would go to the school and pick them up daily.
- Born: March 4th, 1965, Afghanistan.
- Age: 56 years.
- Nationality: Afghan-American.
- Citizenship: United States.
- Occupation: Novelist, Physician.
- Genre: Fiction.
- Parents: Nasser Hosseini, Maimoona Hosseini.
- Education: University of California San Diego.
- Spouse: Roya Hosseini.
- Children: Farah Hosseini, Harris Hosseini.
- The kite runner- 2003.
- A thousand splendid suns- 2007.
- And the mountains echoed- 2013.
- Sea prayer- 2018.
- Exclusive books boeke prize- 2004.
- British book awards- 2008.
- Book sense book of the year awards- 2008.
- California book silver medal- 2007.
- Goodreads choice award- 2013.
- Golden plate award of the American academy of achievement- 2013.
Learning from Khaled
- To him, learning is a change.
- Learning is not always comfortable.
- There is always a way to be good again.
- One can always be a good human.
- There is a way to redeem our wrong actions.
- Today is a new day, a new opportunity.
- Love is a universal feeling.
- A relationship sought by many, cherished by all.
Khaled Hosseini’s Quotes to Inspire you Towards Success
- But better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.
- For you, thousand times over.
- Marriage can wait, education cannot.
- It always hurts more to have and lose than to not have in the first place.
- Children aren’t coloring books, you don’t get to fill them with your favorite colors.
- Society has no chance of success if its women are uneducated.
- There is a way to be good again.
- People say that eyes are windows to the soul.