Not everyone can be great leaders, leadership is not a skill, but a quality. Lee has that supreme quality by nature, he is recognised as the driving force behind the country’s transformation. He served as the prime minister of Singapore and changed the fate of the country. He always likes to keep himself busy and was a very enthusiastic person. To know more about him, let’s take a look at his daily routine and some facts about him.
Who is Lee Kuan Yew?
- Lee Kuan Yew served as the prime minister of Singapore between 1959 and 1990.
- He is widely recognised as the nation’s founding father.
- He was also one of the founders of the people’s action party.
- He attained top grades in his early education, gaining a scholarship and admission to Raffles college.
- He introduced caning in the Singapore Armed Forces.
- He obtained a Japanese language proficiency certificate after a three month’s course.
- He was a supporter of the LGBT community.
Mornings of Lee
- Morning routine
He was a very active person, he used to wake up early in the morning, check his mail, reply to important messages, read newspaper and workout.
He used to eat soya bean, curd, fruits, sugarless soya bean milk for his breakfast in the morning.
Afternoons of Lee
- Office hours
Leading the country, he used to be a super person, he used to spend his noon at the office, he used to write his speeches and schedule his interviews with the journalists.
His lunch used to be fish, steamed green vegetables, fruits and a small portion of meat.
Evenings of Lee
Despite his busy schedule, he always used to spend time his family, he used to have his dinner with them every day, they all would talk for about one hour about and the day and everything else.
- Born: September 16th, 1923, Singapore.
- Died: March 23rd, 2015, Singapore.
- Education: Fitzwilliam House, Raffles Institution.
- Spouse: Kwa Geok Choo.
- Children: Lee Hsien long, Lee Hsien Yang, Lee Wei Ling.
- Grand children: Li Yipeng, Li Huanwu, Li Shengwu, Li Xiuqi, Li Shaowu, Lee Haoyi.
- Cause of death: Pneumonia.
- Political party: people’s action party.
- Order of the state companions of honour- 1970.
- Knight grand cross of the order of St. Michael and George- 1972.
- Freedom of the city of London- 1982.
- The seri paduka mahkota johor- 1984.
- The order of great leader- 1988.
- The order of the rising sun- 1967.
- Honorary doctorate in law- 2007.
- Russian order of friendship- 2009.
- Lincoln medal- 2011.
- Kazakhstan order of friendship- 2012.
Lee Kuan Yew’s Quotes to Inspire you towards Success
- I think, therefore I am.
- Fortune favors the bold.
- Time is money.
- I came, I saw, I conquered.
- practice makes perfect.
- knowledge is power.
- Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.