Success means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of life. You can’t truly consider yourself successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles. And hence multitasking all every field is pretty important and that needs a set of rules and routines to be followed, and people who follow them are successful in life. One such successful person is Maria Popova, let’s take a look at her daily routine and some facts about her.
Who is Maria Popova?
Maria Popova is a writer, blogger, and critic. She was born on July 28th, 1984 in Bulgaria. She graduated from the University of Pennsylvania. Her criticism has three (3) million page views and more than seven (7) million readers every month. She is notable for her blog- Brain picking. She has also written for The Atlantic, Wired UK, GOOD, The Huffington Post, and Nieman Lab. She was named number 51 of the most creative people in Fast Company magazine, she was also featured in Forbes in under 30 as one of the most influential individuals in Media.
To steer yourself onto the path of great success, you first need to an outline of some impactful habits. Exercising, completing the toughest projects, and spending quality time with your family, following your passion, or doing something that excites you, are some examples of tasks that will promote success and productivity every day. For people who follow a routine, balance their life, and are successful, let’s take a look at the daily routine of Maria Popova.
- Her wake up time varies
Maria tells that she does not have a fixed time to wake up, it varies every day, she wakes up after eight hours after going to bed.
Her day starts with 15-20 minutes of meditation.
She does push-ups and some other stretching exercises, after which she works out in the gym.
- Heads home and writes
After her workout session in the gym, Maria heads to her home starts her writing work, in an interview, she revealed that she works barefoot standing on a wobble board.
- Answering emails and scheduling tweets.
In the noon, she takes a break from her writing and answer her emails, run errands, and schedules tweets.
- Yoga class
She wraps her day by finishing yoga class in the evening and by spending time with her family and she goes home and works on her unfinished articles.
Maria Popova’s Hobbies
She loves reading books, often, out of print ones and long reads, and listens to’s to podcasts. Design Matters by Debbie Millman, and Radiolab for science and philosophy Bites by Nigel Warburton.
Learning from Maria Popova
Being an author of the prominent website Brain picking which started as a newsletter to a few circles of friends and is now reaching over a million readers monthly, the website itself reflects Maria’s learning and principles, as she writes based on her personal experience and learnings, here is what you can take away from her.
- Find delight in little things
- Donate love
- Focus on your inner self
- Listen to your heart
- Say- Yes to life in spite of everything.
- Feel the sorrow, take the action but keep pressing the weight of joy against it, until it becomes mindless.
Maria Popova’s Quotes to Inspire You Towards Success.
- Nobody knows what goes on between two hearts including, more often than not, the people in whose chests they beat.
- When we encounter a person of exceptional intellectual and creative vitality, their magnetism can disorient the compass needle of admiration and attraction—it becomes difficult, sometimes impossible, to tease apart the desire to be with from the desire to be like.
- “It is not cowardice but courage to acknowledge the superior role chance plays in steering the course of life, and at the same time to take responsibility for the margin of difference our personal choices do make within the parameters of chance.
- Throughout life, our habits, beliefs, and ideas evolve beyond recognition. Our physical and social environments change. Almost all of our cells are replaced. Yet we remain, to ourselves, “who” “we” “are.