What makes a person to be remembered even after his death? It may be because of his good deeds or his great achievements, Marvin has achieved so much in his boxing career and that is why we talk about him even today, he was very much passionate about his career and he always fought like a champion. To know more about him, lets take a look at his daily routine and some interesting facts about him.
Who is Marvelous Marvin Hagler?
- Marvelous Marvin Hagler is an American professional boxer.
- He is also a film actor.
- He holds the record for the sixth longest reign as champion in middleweight history.
- He also holds the highest knockout percentage.
- He was named Fighter of the year twice.
- He started boxing at the age of ten.
- He dropped out of school at 14 and worked in a toy factory to support his family income.
- He had five children with his first wife.
- He died at the age of 66.
Mornings of Hagler
He used to wake up early in the morning and used to run for 6 miles in the freezing winter, he used to train 6 days in a week, with two sessions per day.
He used to eat corn flakes, cold cereal and fruit, sugar pops and a glass of grapefruit juice for his breakfast.
Afternoons of Hagler
He used to spend his noon in listening to music, watching tv or talking on the phone or sleeping before his next training session.
Evenings of Hagler
His second session of training would be around 6, his practice will include strength and conditioning, boxing work, rope jumping, heavy bag, speed bag etc.
- Born: May 23rd, 1954, U.S.
- Died: March 31st, 2021, U.S.
- Nationality: American.
- Parents: Ida Mae Hagler, Robert Sims.
- Spouse: Kay Guarrera (2000-2021), Bertha Hagler (1980-1990).
- Children: Marvin, Jr., James, Gentry, Celeste, Charelle.
- Height: 1.77 m
- Weight: Middleweight.
- Stance: Southpaw.
- Total Fights: 67.
- Wins: 62.
- Wins by KO: 52.
- Losses: 3.
- Draws: 2.
Awards and Recognition
- Named fighter of the Decade by Boxing Illustrated- 1980S.
- American Fighter of the year- 1983 and 1985.
- The ring fighter of the year- 1983 and 1985.
- American Academy of Achievement- 1983.
- International boxing hall of fame- 1993.
- World boxing hall of fame- 1993.
- Excellence guirlande d’honnuer- 2016.
Marvelous Marvin Hagler’s Quotes to Inspire you towards Success
- If they cut my bald open, they will find one big boxing glove. That’s all I am. I live it.
- It’s tough to get out of bed to do roadwork at 5 am when you’ve been sleeping in silk pajamas.
- I am a fighter who walks, talks and thinks fighting but I try not to look like it.
- I like to see the smiles on people’s faces when I show them I can do the impossible.
- Nothing can intimidate me, I just go out and destruct and destroy.
- People still look at me as the champion and that’s very important to me.