Dedication is the key to success. Michal Chandler is a dedicated person than you might think, he used to skip many of the weddings, parties, and family events for training and all those sacrifices are what has given him good results in his boxing career. He is ranked number five in the UFC lightweight ranking as of 2021. To know more about him. Let’s take a look at his daily routine and some facts about him.
Who is Michael Chandler?
- Michael Chandler is an American mixed martial artist.
- He currently competes in the lightweight division of the UFC.
- He began professional boxing in 2009.
- He has knocked out top contender Dan Hooker.
- He is ranked number five in the UFC lightweight rankings as of 2021.
- He made his Bellator debut in 2010.
- He dated Brie Willett in 2013 and they got married in 2014.
- The couple adopted a son in 2018.
- He owns a training camp, a fitness, and MMA gym in Nashville.
Mornings of Michael
He trains with his coach Jeff Bristol every morning, they work out together, the workout session would include exercises like squats, medicine ball slams, box jumps, and trap bar deadlifts.
Afternoons of Michael
He is very much conscious about his health and sees that he follows a healthy diet. He eats small meals of proteins and a lot of vegetables, he eats vegetables five times a day. He eats chicken, broccoli, beef, and cauliflower after every 3-4 hours.
Evenings of Michael
He spends his noon at the gym, in an interview he said- ‘ As fighters, we spend so many hours at the gym and within the quiet of our own minds, exercising discipline and just working so hard.
- Born: April 24th, 1986, U.S.
- Other names: Iron.
- Age: 35 years.
- Nationality: American.
- Parents: Michael Chandler Sr., Betty Chandler.
- Spouse: Brie Willet.
- Children: Hap Whitaker.
- Height: 1.73 m.
- Weight: 70 kg.
- Division: lightweight.
- Team: Sanford MMA.
- Years active: 2009- present.
Mixed Martial Arts Record
- Total: 29.
- Wins: 22.
- By Knockout: 10.
- By submission: 7.
- By decision: 5.
- Losses: 7.
- By knockout: 4.
- By decision: 3.
Championships and awards
- Performance of the night.
- Fight of the night.
- 2021 fight of the year.
- Bellator lightweight world.
- Bellator Season 4 lightweight tournament championship.
- Most stoppage wins in Bellator MMA history.
- Most wins in Bellator MMA history.
- 2016 June knockout of the month.
- 2021 may fight of the month.
- 2021 fighter of the year.
- 2021 round of the year.
- Ed Lampitt Coaches Award.
- Hap Whitney Coaches Award.
- Hap Whitney Most improved wrestler.
- MSHSAA high school state championship runner-up.
Michael Chandler Quotes to Inspire you Towards Success
- Life is too short and too sweet to complain about silly things.
- God has always opened up doors at the right time. He’s closed doors at the right time.
- I’m a force to be reckoned with.
- It’s OK to have a little bit of pride in yourself.
- My body is durable, my body is able to withstand a lot of practice, a lot of punishments.
- You don’t hope to go up and hit a single. You go up and hope to hit a home run.
- I don’t want to just be a great fighter, but also a great man.
- I pretty much just train… and go to churches on Sundays.