The Queen is one of the most depicted women in the world. Queen Elizabeth II is extremely popular for nearly all of her long reign, she is also known for taking all the political aspects seriously, for taking interest in government and political affairs, apart from her ceremonial duties, and is credited with modernizing many aspects of the monarchy. To know more about the Queen, let’s take a look at her daily routine and some interesting facts about her.
Who is Queen Elizabeth II?
- Elizabeth II is the Queen of the U.K and 14 other commonwealth realms.
- She was born in Mayfair, London.
- Her father ascended the throne in 1936.
- She was educated privately at home.
- She began to take up public duties during the second world war.
- She has four children.
- When her father died, she became the queen at the age of 25.
- She became the first British monarch to reach Sapphire Jubilee.
- She is the longest-lived and longest-serving British monarch.
Mornings of Queen
- She wakes up at 7.30
The Queen starts her day at 7.30 in the morning, she stays in bed for a few minutes, listening to the ‘Today’ program on BBC radio.
- Other activities
She takes a shower and dresses up, with the help of her assistants. She eats her breakfast, she consumes very light food.
She enters the office after spending some time in her balcony listening to her favorite music, she begins her work in the office around 9.30, guided by her assistants.
Afternoons of Queen
She eats her lunch alone or with her children. Her lunch will contain vegetables, Malvern water, and a brand of natural spring water.
Evenings of Queen
She eats her dinner alone, in her private quarters, she eats from a silver tray. She spends her evening watching tv or reading in the room next to her office.
The Queen goes to bed at 11 pm, before sleeping, she enjoys reading some of her favorite books.
- Born: April 21st, 1926, U.K.
- Age: 95 years.
- Full name: Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor.
- Spouse: Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburg.
- Parents: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, George VI.
- Height: 1.6m.
- Reign: 6 February 1952- present.
- Coronation: 2 June 1953.
- House: Windsor.
Things to know about the Queen
- She loves to wear neon colors.
- She uses her purse to send signals to her staff.
- She carries cash only on Sundays so she can donate money to her church.
- She drinks a glass of champagne every day.
- She is the only person who can drive without a license plate on her car in Britain.
- She is the longest-reigning monarch in British history.
- She is the face of Australian currency.
- She can speak fluent French.
- She loves Corgis.
- She got her first corgi by accident.
- Titles and Styles
- 21 April 1926- 11 December 1936: Her royal highness princess Elizabeth of York.
- 11 December 1936- 20 November 1947: Her royal highness the Princess Elizabeth.
- 20 November 1947- 6 February 1952: Her Royal Highness the princess Elizabeth, Duchess of Edinburgh.
- Since 6 February 1952: Her Majesty the queen.
Queen Elizabeth II’s Quotes to Inspire you Towards Success
- Let us not take ourselves too seriously.
- Good memories are our second chance at happiness.
- Work is the rent you pay for the room you occupy on earth.
- Grief is the price we pay for love.
- I have to be seen to be believed.
- I should like to be a horse.
- I hope people will think very carefully about the future.
- It has turned out to be an annus horribilis.