Successful people know what suits them better and they work on it. Following your passion is really important because the mind goes where the heart is, to do anything in life. You have to work with your heart and soul and hence passion is necessary, when you do things out of love and dedication, it gives you the best results in life. One should identify what they really like, fix a goal and take action. These are the qualities of a successful person, there is no secret to success, it’s in the way you work upon your dreams, let’s take a look at one such successful person namely Rand Fishkin.
Who is Rand Fishkin?
- Rand Fishkin is a tech entrepreneur, blogger, and leader in the field of search engine optimization, he is also the best-selling author for the book Lost and Founder: A painfully honest field guide to the start-up world.
- Also, he has helped a lot of other people do better at marketing and he is a great business model, he continues to promote improvement to marketing through his whiteboard Friday series, his blog, and his books.
- He is also a frequent keynote speaker around the world.
Working upon your strengths and compensating for your weakness is perhaps the best strategy that you can learn from successful people and use in any profession you pursue. Besides maximizing your chances of success, it will help you to reduce stress and chances of failure. Let’s take a look at the daily routine of Rand Fishkin.
Mornings of Rand Fishkin
- He starts his day at 9.30 am
He’s a night owl, and starts his day at 9.30 in the morning and keeps an alarm if he has any important meeting or should catch the flight.
- Physical therapy exercise
Since he got degenerative disc disease, he does physical therapy exercises to keep him out of the worst.
Afternoons of Rand Fishkin
- Work hours
He settles into his day as the CEO and focuses on marketing and fundraising.
- Emails and other
After work hours, he spends time checking emails, attending phone calls, writing, and helping his folks.
Evenings of Rand Fishkin
- Dinner with friends
As a way to refresh, he hangs out with his friends for dinner and host party sometimes.
- He goes to bed at 1.30 am
After some TV shows and a chat with his wife Geraldine, he goes to bed at 1.30 am.
Personal Interest and Facts
- His book-Lost and Found: A painfully honest guide to the start-up world is a transparent book about the reality of the business world.
- He proposed to his long-time girlfriend in a commercial TV show.
- His current wife Geraldine DeRuiter is a prominent and well-known author.
- He also runs a video series called Whiteboard Friday, in which he deals with marketing concepts.
- He dropped out of the University of Washington to work full-time at his mother’s small business.
- He is a frequent keynote speaker around the world.
- Learning From Rand Fishkin
- Here’s what you can learn from Rand Fishkin
- Use your strengths as your prime resources to reach your cherished goals.
- Make a list of your strengths and weakness and work out on them.
- How to empower your team at the business.
Rand Fishkin’s Quotes to Inspire You Towards Success
- ‘A hard thing is done by figuring out how to start.”
- “Aligning yourself with people who share your values and your prioritization of those values far outweighs aligning yourself with people who share your vision for a particular product, roadmap, or financial goal.”
- “There is no black magic to successfully attracting customers via the web.”
- “The best way to sell something: don’t sell anything. Earn the awareness, respect, and trust of those who might buy.”
- “The trend of design toward simplicity and accessibility in software happened for a reason—simple sells, simple’s usable and simple scales.”