Technology is ruling the present world, while it has wide opportunities for young and ideated innovators, Sahil was living the tech start-up dream just at the age of 19. Which his constant interest and dedication, from working as a designer hired by Pinterest, he went on to build and launch his own project. It was all possible because of his efforts. Let’s take a look at his daily routine and some interesting facts about him.
Who is Sahil Lavingia?
- Sahil Lavingia is the founder of Gumroad, a digital distribution, self-publishing, and e-commerce platform.
- He founded it with Sachin Khanna in the year 2011.
- He built the first iteration of Gumroad over a single weekend.
- He was hired as a designer at Pinterest at the age of 19.
Mornings of Sahil
- He wakes up at 7.30 am
He is not a person who can sacrifice sleep, after a peaceful hour of sleep, he starts his day at 7.30 in the morning and starts his workout routine at 9 am.
- Non-deep works
After his workout session, he focuses on other works like attending calls, checking emails, and replying to important messages.
Afternoons of Sahil
- Work hours
He has his lunch exactly at 1, after his second meal of the day, he starts his work, he stays focused till 7 pm in the evening, attending meetings, analyzing and doing everything that would uplift the welfare of his company.
Evenings of Sahil
- Sleep hours
According to Sahil, sleep is the most important thing, he makes sure that he sleeps for at least 7 hours a day, before going to bed, he puts his phone aside and switches to his kindle, most of the books put him to sleep in less than 30 minutes.
Personal Interest and Facts
- He was the second person brought inboard for Pinterest.
- He dropped from his college to work at an online bulletin board company.
- He Grew up in Singapore.
- He started Gumroad in 2011.
- She started getting into computers when he was probably 12 or 13 years.
Learning From Sahil
- Appreciate the slow growth
- Value your customers.
- Think ahead to the future.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks. Look for opportunities.
- Let every moment.
Sahil Lavingia’s Quotes to Inspire you Towards Success
- Being a founder is hard. Being an early employee is hard. Being a VC is hard. Being a politician is hard. Being an engineer is hard. Being a writer is hard. Being a friend is hard. Being a partner is hard. Being a parent is hard.
- Everyone’s life is harder than it looks from the outside.
- Build the necessary first, then the useful, then the nice.
- Investing advice: only buy something when you can afford two of it. Buy the product, then buy the company’s stock.
- Suffer the pain of discipline now to avoid the pain of regret later.
- If you think every stance except yours is evil, you may be in a cult.