While there are many renowned business leaders across the globe, in the list of one of the most loved and influential, Sheryl Sandberg would definitely be the one. She has only inspired many people through her book namely “Lean” with her New York Times best-selling debut novel, but she is also the first woman to serve in the world-famous digital media platform Facebook. Today she is a social justice activist and a keynote speaker, let’s take a look at her daily routine and some interesting facts about her.
Who is Sheryl Sandberg?
- Sheryl Sandberg is the board member of Facebook, the International center for global development, V-day SurveyMonkey.
- She is also the chief operating officer of Meta platforms.
- She was born on August 28th, 1969 in Washington, D.C, U.S.
- She was named in the Time 100, an annual list of the most influential people in the world, in 2012.
- She has authored the book- Lean In Women, Work and the Will to Lead.
Mornings of Sheryl Sandberg
- She is an early riser
Like many other entrepreneurs, she begins her day early in the morning, she is an early riser and wakes up at 5.30 am in the morning.
- According to studies, people who rise with the sun tend to be more active and possess all leadership qualities.
- Facebook’s office
After completing her routine after waking up, she drops her kids at the school and answers some of her emails, and arrives to face book’s office around 7.30 am in the morning.
- ‘During the week, my days are planned around taking my children to school, trying to make meetings as productive as possible, and getting home in time for dinner with my family’.
Afternoons of Sheryl Sandberg
- Work hours
Her afternoon hours are usually full of meetings and other business meetings, to keep in mind about her meetings and appointments, she sets reminders and she maintains a spiral-bound notebook to maintain her things-to-do list.
Evenings of Sheryl Sandberg
- She leaves the office at 5.30
No matter what the situation is, she makes sure that she leaves the office by 5.30 pm and spends the evening with her family.
- She goes to bed at 9.30 pm
After having dinner with her family, she wraps up her day by watching any of her tv series or reads a book and goes to bed at 9.30 pm.
Facts about Sheryl Sandberg
- She authored a book in order to address the inequality in the workplace.
- In the 80’s she used to be an aerobics instructor.
- Sheryl and Mark Zuckerberg met at a Christmas party.
- Her mother was her biggest inspiration.
- She has worked for McKinsey, the world bank, and Google.
- Her net worth is 190 crores USD as of 2021.
- She did her undergraduate thesis with economist Lawrence summers as her adviser.
Learning from Sheryl Sandberg
Here is what you can learn from Sheryl Sandberg
- She respects her emotional state.
- She is a multi-tasker, having a firm balance between personal life and professional life.
- She encourages her children to share their best and worst part of the day during supper, which is a good sign of good parenting.
- She has a good habit of making notes and keeping track of her everyday work.
Sheryl Sandberg’s Quotes to Inspire You Towards Success
- “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?”
- “In the future, there will be no female leaders. There will just be leaders.”
- “Women need to shift from thinking “I’m not ready to do that” to thinking “I want to do that- and I’ll learn by doing it.”
- “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.”
- “Motivation comes from working on things we care about. It also comes from working with people we care about.”