Leadership quality is not a skill to possess, but something which is born within the blood. Tim cook carries that in every cell of his, he is known to be a leader. His leadership is focused on people, strategy, and execution. He has a clear vision and always tries to do his best. Under his leadership in Apple company, he has done many charity donations and many other great works. Let’s take a look at his daily routine and some interesting facts about him.
Who is Tim Cook?
- Tim cook is an American business executive.
- He is the first chief executive officer of Apple.
- Before joining Apple, he has served as the chief operating officer under its co-founder Steve Jobs.
- He joined Apple in 1998.
- He has also served on the boards of directors of Nike and the National Football Foundation.
- He is a trustee of the Duke foundation.
- During the 2008 election cycle, cook donated to Barack Obama’s first White House election.
- He is an active supporter of LGBT rights.
Mornings of Tim
- He is an early riser
He starts his day at 3.45 am every morning, after waking up from bed, the first thing that he does is that he check his mail inbox and reply to some important messages before hitting the gym.
He is a fitness freak and loves to work out. He prefers to work out in a private gym, he exercises for about 30 to 45 minutes.
He takes his health and fitness seriously and pays much attention to his diet, his breakfast will include sugar-free cereal with almond milk and a plate of scrambled egg whites and bacon.
Afternoons of Tim
He spends most of his noon in his company at Apple park, he would manage all aspects of business, from business meetings to checking emails and arranging conference calls. He would eat his lunch with his employees at the office.
Evenings of Tim
He tries to relax in the evening after a long day at work. He is a very private person outside the office, he doesn’t hang out much or talk much about his personality. He usually goes to bed at 8.45 pm.
Personal Interest and Facts
- Born: November 1st, 1960, U.S.
- Citizenship: American.
- Education: The Fuqua school of business.
- Parents: Geraldine cook, Donald cook.
- Siblings: Gerald cook, Michael cook.
- Net worth: 140 crores.
- He is a fitness enthusiast.
- He enjoys hiking and cycling.
- He is known for being solitary.
- He was misdiagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1996.
- He has offered a portion of his liver to jobs.
Awards and Honours
- Financial person of the year- 2014.
- Fortune’s world’s greatest leader: 2015
- A ripple of change award: 2015
- Alabama Academy of honor: 2015
- Honorary of doctorate of science from University of Glasgow: 2017
- Courage against hate award from anti-defamation league: 2018
Tim Cook’s Quotes to Inspire you Towards Success
- You can focus on things that are barriers or you can focus on scaling the wall or redefining the problem.
- We’re very simple people at Apple. We focus on making the world’s best products and enriching people’s lives.
- The most important thing is, Do you have the courage to admit that you’re wrong? And do you change? The most important thing to me as a CEO is that we keep the courage.
- Companies that get confused, that think their goal is revenue or stock price or something. You have to focus on the things that lead to those.
- I think each person, if you’re a CEO, the most important thing is to have – to me, is to pick people around you that aren’t like you, that complement you. Because you want to build a puzzle; you don’t want to stack Chiclets up and have everyone be the same. And so I believe in diversity with a capital D.
- If you believe, as we believe, that diversity leads to better products, and we’re all about making products that enrich people’s lives, then you obviously put a ton of energy behind diversity the same way you would put a ton of energy behind anything else that is truly important.