The way we carry and present ourselves really matters as we all know ‘First impression is the best impression’, be it an interview or meeting someone for the first time or it is a business meeting, people will always look at your attire. Tom ford can be the perfect fit to drive some fashion inspiration from. He also had launched his own luxury brands. Let’s take a look at his daily routine and some interesting facts about him.
Who is Tom Ford?
- Tom Ford is an American fashion designer and filmmaker.
- He was born on August 27th, 1961 in Texas, U.S.
- He has served as the creative director of Gucci and Yves saint Laurent.
- He has directed films like A single man and Nocturnal animals.
- Currently he is the board of the council of fashion designers of America.
Mornings of Tom
- He starts his day mostly at 4.30 am
He starts his day early in the morning around 4.30 and the first thing that he does after waking up from his bed is that he checks his weight, he does this every morning.
He is a huge coffee lover and sips a large cup of iced coffee and then he checks his phone and replies to important mails and gets some of his works done.
He said- ‘I lay in my bathtub with a bendable straw in my coffee and no lights and only one candle lit, I love that time in the morning when no one else is awake’.
He eats his breakfast around 7.30 with his wife and leaves for his office at 9 am.
Afternoons of Tom
He spends his noon in the office, working and creating ideas for his brands and in attending meetings, sometimes he has to travel and sometimes the meetings happen through skype.
His lunch will include mozzarella, sashimi and a salad of tomatoes.
Evenings of Tom
He heads back home in between 6-8 pm and has his dinner with family and spends his evening at home and goes to bed around 11 pm.
Personal Interest and Facts
- His childhood hobby includes lying out by his grandparent’s pool.
- He was very much visual and was interested in designs since childhood.
- He mother and his grandmother were his inspiration in fashion and model.
- In 1990, he was given the role of womenswear designer for Gucci.
- His movie A single man won wide critical acclaim.
- He was named as 2001’s GQ designer of the year.
Tom Ford’s Quotes to Inspire you Towards Success
- I haven’t had any plastic surgery – despite what people think, this is my nose. I have had Restylane and Botox, but I don’t think of that as plastic surgery any more.
- When I am on my deathbed, I don’t think I will be thinking about a nice pair of shoes I had or my beautiful house. I am going to be thinking about an evening I spent with somebody when I was twenty where I felt that I was just absolutely connected to them.
- Your connections with other people are important, our connection to the earth.
- I am a spiritual person in an eastern religion kind of way. I learned that happiness for all of us is a switch that you flick in your brain. It doesn’t have anything to do with getting a new house, a new car, a new girlfriend, or a new pair of shoes. Our culture is very much about that; we are never happy with what we have today.