Migrating from China at the age of 5 to a new city with extremely hard-working parents, Tony says that he learned how to adapt to a new atmosphere at a very young age and this thought a lot of lessons in life, he always learned from his past. He started his DoorDash in his apartment while attending Sanford graduate school of business and now, he is one of the most successful businessmen. To know more about him, let’s take a look at his daily routine and some interesting facts about him.
Who is Tony XU?
- Tony Xu is a Chinese-American businessman.
- He is the chief executive and the co-founder of DoorDash.
- He had interned at Square, Inc.
- He had worked for McKinsey and Company, eBay, and PayPal.
- He was on Fortune’s ’40 Under 40’ list in 2020.
- He has a net worth of around $2.8 billion as of 2021.
- He began working at an early age.
- He legally changed his name from Xu Xun to Tony Xu, inspired by his favorite television series Who’s the Boss?
- He co-founded DoorDash in 2013.
- He joined the board directors of Meta Platforms in January 2022.
- He is a board member of the Silicon Valley Chinese association foundation.
- He is the executive member of TechNet.
Mornings of Tony
He loves running and goes running in the morning every weekend, he says that running regulates his mind and body.
- Work hours
He is a morning person and gets most of his important work done in the morning, this would include team meetings, customers meeting, recruiting, reviewing, and all-important stuff.
Afternoons of Tony
- Office hours
He doesn’t have an office at DoorDash, he prefers to be with his mobile and his air pods to work most freely in the office.
Evenings of Tony
- Sleep routine
Before going to bed, he would keep his phone in a different room to minimize distraction when he wakes up in the middle of the night.
- Born: 1985, China.
- Age: 37 years.
- Nationality: American.
- Education: Lynbrook high school, Stanford graduate school of business.
- Spouse: Patti Xu.
- Children: Olivia Xu.
- Board member of DoorDash.
- Occupation: CEO of DoorDash.
Things to Know About Tony
- He changed his name when he was five, inspired by his favorite tv show.
- He founded DoorDash at Stanford.
- He loves running.
- His mother was his inspiration.
- He worked at Dominos.
- His motto is to have fun and have no regrets.
- He has a date night with his wife every Friday.
- He hates doing laundry.
Learning from Tony
- Adapt to the new atmosphere.
- Hard work is the key.
- Find something you’re passionate about.
- Believe in yourself.
- Trust the process.
- Learn from your past.