Fashion industry is a challenge, one needs to keep with the trend and needs the curiosity to learn. To make a name for yourself in fashion, there is a lot to learn about timings. Vera Wang mastered them all, she has invested years in learning them and now she is a supreme fashion icon with sense of creativity, through her works, she makes others look beautiful and elegant, being a beauty herself. Let’s take a look at her daily routine and some interesting facts about her.
Who is Vera Wang?
- Vera Wang is an American fashion designer.
- She began figure skating at the age of eight.
- While in school, she competed at the 1968 U.S figure skating championships.
- She was hired to be an editor at Vogue immediately upon graduation.
- She was the youngest editor at the Vogue magazine.
- At 40, she became an independent bridal wear designer.
- She has made wedding gowns for many famous public figures.
Mornings of Vera
- She starts her day at 8 am
She loves sleep and claims it to be luxurious, she is not a morning girl at all. After sleeping in peace, she starts her day at 8 am in the morning. She gets 8 hours of sleep during the week days and 10 hours of sleep on the weekend.
After checking on her messages and emails, she eats her breakfast in bed, her breakfast will include yogurt, fresh fruit, chicken and eggs.
Afternoons of Vera
- Office hours
Her noon is kept busy with organising new shows, collaborating with the design team, or working on an upcoming collection.
She will never skip lunch, be it any day. She said- ‘I go through periods of Japanese for six months, or sometimes it’s a favourite Jewish deli for chicken soup with lots of vegetables.
Evenings of Vera
She would leave her office by 6pm in the evening, after returning home, she would spend time in focusing on her activities, something which she loves to do. She puts aside all her business stuffs and enjoys her own time.
Personal Interest and Facts
- Born: June 27th, 1949, U.S.
- Age: 72 years.
- Nationality: American.
- Education: The Chapin School (1967), Sarah Lawrence College.
- Parents: Cheng Ching Wang, Florence Wu.
- Siblings: Kenneth Wang.
- Spouse: Arthur P. Becker.
- Children: Cecilia Becker, Josephine Becker.
- Height: 1.61 m.
- She loves skating.
- In the film sex and the city, Vera was among the bridal gowns Carrie wore in her Vogue photo shoot.
- She has two daughters, both of them are adopted.
- Forbes placed her the 34th in the list America’s richest self-made women 2018.
- She was awarded the council of fashion designers of America lifetime achievement award in 2013.
- Her wear has been worn by stars at many red-carpet events.
- Her book, Vera Wang on weddings, was released in June 2005.
- First daughter- 2012.
- The September issue- 2009.
- Gossip girl- 2012.
- Keeping up with the Kardashians- 2011.
- Chelsea lately- 2011.
- The celebrity apprentice- 2008.
- Ugly betty- 2007.
Learning from Vera
- Balancing modern designs with traditional elegance.
- Creativity is the key.
- It isn’t just about what you design, it is who you dress.
- Timing is everything.
- Its about the money- always.
- Relevance is relevant.
- Fashion is expressive.
- It takes courage to put yourself out there.
Vera Wang’s Quotes to Inspire you Towards Success
- My bedroom is my sanctuary.
- A woman is never sexier than when she is comfortable in her clothes.
- Success isn’t about the end result, it’s about what you learn along the way.
- My evening really begins when I take a long, hot bath.
- I started at the very highest level so the upper end is something I know very well.
- I love sportswear in my own weird way.